GrowSmart Maine put together these 10 guidelines to thoughtful development. We think they are worth highlighting.
1) Mix land uses.
2) Take advantage of compact building design.
3) Create a range of housing opportunities and choices.
4) Create walkable neighborhoods.
5) Foster distinctive, attractive communities with a strong sense of place.
6) Preserve open space, farmland, natural beauty, and critical environmental areas.
7) Stengthen and direct development towards existing communities.
8) Provide a variety of transportation choices.
9) Make development decisions predictable, fair and cost effective.
10) Encourage community and stakeholder collaboration in development decisions.
If these guidelines inspire you…please be in touch with us. We are in the process of developing a design for homes of the future… for today. Homes with entirely usable interior spaces, to include the option of an attached greenhouse. Communities that nurture one another physically and spiritually. Sustainable in the use of energy, food development, and space. Homes offering areas that are communal and yet also thoughtfully take into account private realms. If you are considering building a home for the future now; join us and let’s be inspired together!